GM Inside News Forum banner

High Res pics: Northstar SC & 6L80E 6-speed transmission

14K views 104 replies 41 participants last post by  68CoupeDeVille 
#1 ·
Found these pictures of the STS-V's supercharged Northstar & the upcoming 6L80E 6-speed automatic earlier today.

:D

See less See more
#3 ·
Now that will be an awesome combination. Does anyone know what kind of a supercharger they will be using. I guess it's a positive displacement hidden under that cover? Hopefully it will be a twin-screw instead of a roots. Those exhaust manifolds sure are ugly.

#8 ·
from what I read the supercharger is integreated with the intake manifold, roots type, but its been patented by GM.

#18 ·
is this the one the co developed with ford, or is that a fwd tranny, this, or a variant, is going in the new truck line right? also, r the other caddys sticking with the 5 spd auto. either way, its will haul ass i read somewhere that this was suppsoed to have 0-60 faster than a pro driven 6spd manual

#22 ·
gmmerc5 said:
Would you elaborate a little more on when the Camaro will be available and where will it be built. Thanks.
I think his hopes were getting the best of him. :D

There will be a 2-door Chevy muscle car by 2008, that doesn't mean it will be called the Camaro though. :rolleyes:

It probably will have the 6-speed auto, but why get that when you can shift for yourself? :confused:

#25 ·
Im sorry, I love shifting as much as the next guy, but for commuting in LA, there is no way you could pay me enough to drive a stick. And having 1 car, you can bet I would get a camaro with an auto. That doesnt mean Im lazy or dont know how to drive. I just means I dont want my leg to turn to jelly in a year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.